Redwall

Brian Jacques amazed me, his book made me fall down on the floor begging for more. I has always enjoyed reading books about animals but his book is now when of my favorites. I know how the clumsy, little mouse named Matthias felt do something worth while, something that no other mouse had the courage or the guts to do. I sometimes feel the same way. This book helped me in my reading when it showed words that i didn't know. For example inhabitants and dwells. I know this is a just right book for me when I can just start reading non -stop.

Matthias has changed frequently through out the book. At the begiening he was just a normal, clumsy mouse wanting do something special and in the middle of the book he trained the soldiers how to fight. He made a unsuccesfull etempt to retreave the stolen tapesry Matain The Brave and blamed himself. As if to make up his failure he found the long hidden Martian's sword and shield when he killed the feared adder snake named Asmodeus who killed many of the animals in Redwall Abbey. Cornfloer was my favorite character. She was a young and shy, girl felidmouse. She started helping the wounded in the battle agaisnt the Cluny The Scourge. She has really shown what she acutally do.

I really like the endings when the main character has to alone face his or her fears. The book ended when Matthias married Cornflower and gave birth to thier son Mattimeo. I think that the ending should be mostly about the end of the fight and then little about the love.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you write your introduction and put lots of details about the book. But I think you should include what was the author was trying to say. But your reading response was easy to understand the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have put a lot of voice and opinion in this, which of course is what distinguishes a reading blog from a summary. You have really nailed this post, good job! Like what 170747 said, you haven't added an author's message though. You have really made the book vivid however, and most of it was superb. The only other trouble besides the author's message was your spelling mistakes, but those do not distract from the very good response as a whole. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erratum: the second word of the eighth line should have been 'detract'.

    ReplyDelete